Bristol v0.25

bristolstokie

The F2 GN championship at Bristol is fast approaching so I think it's time!

I have had quite a few problems with making this one and it has affected my motivation to get the work done. I am never 100% happy with any of the tracks I make and never will be. I completely understand that with never actually visiting the track there will be people better qualified to tell me of any inaccuracies.

I have done hours and hours of testing at different stages of development but have not yet tested under online racing conditions. Releasing it now will hopefully give enough time for a few of you to test for any problems with the possibility of improvements before the fixture.

Criticism is very welcome (with a decent explanation) but also encouragement would be nice for the motivation to produce updates and future projects :unsure:

Bristolv0.25

Have Fun :thumbs_up:

Future planned work:

Reverse version

Spectators

Improved inside kerb

Improve surrounding terrain

Add the other buildings

Brilliant Bristolstockie its been a track ive wanted to play online for a long time. I like the way youve got the dip on the back straight id say youve done a good job with that as it seems about the same

as what i remember it from when i used to race there. The home straight i think was a bit more uphill then what youve currently got it but damn good enough for me.

Youve already said you need to improve the inside curb which looking at my picks from 2008 have rumble strips on them and the whole inside curb is on a downward angle.

Thanks for doing the track awsome job :thumbs_up::thumbup: :thumbup:

Great work mate!

I've only been once myself (the infamous fogged-off F1 meeting!), but it is as I remembered (for the race or two I could actually see!) and it'll certainly be a great unique addition to the rFactor tracks. Great job on the elevations :)

MoR

Thanks for the comments.

I forgot to thank CB and drumb in the first post. CB provided a lot of pictures that really helped in the early stages and helped with testing. Drumb has tested and edited the tdf for me. Thank you for the help!

Trav I will look into the home straight, steeper kerbs and rumble on the inside :thumbup:

Really good track and almost like the real one! I've done about 10 meetings there in the past and like trav said there is more of a hill then that bit the dip is spot on! And like you said the rubble strips as in reql life u wouldnt wanna mound those kurbs lol, but from someone who has never been there It wouldn't take much to make it just like it is! Great work stokie! We are likeing all these south west tracks just St Day to go :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..