Northampton Results (4/2/2009)

Johno3

Hello Guys,

First if all, thanks to everyone that raced tonight. I know it was a difficult choice what with Simstox F2's being on a Wednesday night as well, and this is why we have made the agreement about start times for the season. Hope they didnt let Hutch run away with everything this evening :rofl:

Anyway, lets deal with the good before we get to the bad.....

For us, it was a good night for Walker who took the meeting final. If all the action happening at the back of the pack, it was inevitable that a lower grader would win, and he drove a cracking race, so well done Walker.

The rest of the night belonged to Tom D, who was in inspired form for every race excpet the final. 3 wins on the evening, and one to watch in tomorrow nights shootout perhaps.

Elsewhere, superb to see Michael back on track once again. He hasn't lost the pace, and I am sure with a bit more race practice, and of course, racing a little more, he could be one to keep your eye on next year.

Dave was his consistant self, and has closed the gap on Tosh in the points. Speaking of Tosh, he had a bad night. A couple of slow races, but some bad luck with backmarkers, and hitting cars at the wrong time saw him score low. The same could be said for me though too!!

Anyway, here are the results and points for tonight.

Results:

Heat 1: 112 363 500 488 290 3 561 2 8 188

Heat 2: 112 507 8 315 488 290 561 500 2 363

A-Final: 363 315 488 112 2 3 8 300 500 561

GN 1: 112 315 2 363 500 561 488 3 8 300

49 pts 363 razza

44 pts 112 Tom D

35 pts 315 Sybe

32 pts 488 dave

25 pts 2 Michael

20 pts 8 tosh874

20 pts 500 Allstar

19 pts 3 Johno

14 pts 561 Murf

10 pts 300 Matty

7 pts 290 Dazza

7 pts 507 Neil

1 pts 188 Aub

THANKS ONCE AGAIN TO EVERYONE THAT RACED TONIGHT. NUMBERS ARELOOKING TO BE HIGHER TOMORROW NIGHT, SO BE SURE TO GET YOURSELF BOOKED IN FOR WHAT SHOULD BE AN EXCITING FINALE. (Sorry about caps - cant be bothered to re-write it though :rofl:)

Now for the bad

I dont like writing bad things on results threads, but based on what people have said, I feel a need to give you a little reminder ahead of tomorrow night.

First of all, backmarkers....... Can we please try and be a littlemore respectful to the leaders, especially if they are faster than you when they come to lap you. This is a situation that we can talk about for ages, but just give each other a bit of respect and you will get it back.

And if you are a backmarker, and are faster, dont go belting or spinning drivers on the lead lap. Just tap them wide and go. I know I did this to Allstar and he came back at me, so I tapped him again. The second time I think he realised he was a lap up o me so left me. Thats using a bit of common sense in my book.

And finally over the top hits...... Can I just remind you that normal UK Dirt rules apply, even though it is the winter series. I have tried to be lenienet, and have given out no bans, just warning PM's, but if you get a ban, it will count in the main season.

Once again, I will send out warning PM's (as is is different drivers again), but this means that we will be watching you carefully. Tomorrow, we are likely to have a steward, and if he thinks it is excessive, then you will be loaded. There is no need for it in any meeting. I know people lose there rag from time to time (have done it myself), but think about it, and dont wreck anyone elses race.Then sort it out in chat. Don't keep bringing it back onto the track.

Anyway, both of them just require a bit of common sense, and the racing can be good, as it has been this winter series with a couple of exceptions.

So with that in mind, I will take my teachers hat off, not give any detentions this time, and leave you with some homework to re-read the rules again!! :rofl:

Cheers

Johno

And if you are a backmarker, and are faster, dont go belting or spinning drivers on the lead lap. Just tap them wide and go. I know I did this to Allstar and he came back at me, so I tapped him again. The second time I think he realised he was a lap up o me so left me. Thats using a bit of common sense in my book.

Spot on with that Johno, i dont have the best car control in the world so i very rarely look at the position board in the bottom right and it was until i got back past you i realised i was a lap up. Even so you only pushed me slightly wide, jsut enough to get through so ive got no problems with it at all.

As to the rest of the meeting i quite enjoyed it even though i dont like NIR at the best of times. Couple of good things to come out of it though i think i have improved the way my wheel is setup a little as in a couple of the races i found my lap tiems to be alot more consitent than usual, well until i loaded the wrong setup in the final i think it was and couldnt keep the back end straight lol. Also found my new chassis for the up comming season, having recently switched to using the incar view and my old smith car not having a nice one i needed to change.

Well dont to TomD on a good performance and Walker for the final. Shame about your warp in the first couple Matty, it certainly was hard to try and not get tangled with your car lol! Thought i was going to end up facing the wrong way as it kept going back n forth passed me

I like the new starting procedure, before i noticed more often than not that by the first or second corner once the race had gone 'live' i had a blue welde to my rear bumper but with the slightly bigger gap it gave those few bends longer to get settled in and to find a little space before getting put up the fence lol.

Finally as i wont be around tomorow, Cheers to Johno for the meeting and the winter series aswell as all the other people who have helped along the way

Peronsally, I enjoyed the evening. I just got unlucky in a few places, and my points score was poor.

I thought the starts were better, as the grades were not mashed together. I think it will be even better with more cars, as we were too sapce out early on, but with a bit of common sense on my part, it worked.

I also think that we kept the gaps a lot better. I watched the position ticker at the bottom a lot, and I thought that the gaps looked very consistant, so well done there.

Anyway, not th best night for me points wise, but good for pace, and still learning the contact as well.

Cheers

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..